Welcome to the podcast!
Welcome back from the Holidays and Happy 2014! We thought that a new year gives us an opportunity to hit the reset button on our lives and our goals, so why focus on achieving in 2014.
In this episode we…
- Focus on getting the most out of 2014 for you and your club and making 2014, the Year of Toastmasters and You. Are your goals SMART? Are they Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-based? Are they also designed to inspire and motivate you to stick with them? Tim Ferris in his book The Four Hour Workweek has said “Realistic goals, goals restricted to the average ambition level, are uninspiring and will only fuel you through the first or second problem, at which point you throw in the towel “, so you should also design your goals to be motivating and encouraging, so you can stick it out and feel a sense of achievement.
- Information on theD59 2014 Spring Conference in Krakow
- Find out more about the Toastmaster Banners group pinboard on Pinterest
- The podcast theme song comes from the Famous Toastmasters of Wiesbaden, Germany
- Check out the current issue of the Clarion
Look for the next episode, coming in the next few weeks.
Bye for now.