Welcome to the podcast!
In this episode we interviewed Mohamed Hanbal, the winner of the 2015 District 95 Division F International Speech Contest. This is a interview is broken up into three parts at around 15 minutes or so (all of which you can find further down in this post) , As Toastmasters we sometimes her remarkable speeches and stories that stick with us, I had the pleasure of seeing Mohamed compete as a very fresh Toastmaster in the Division F contest in April and he had made quite an impact on the audience that day. We talked about his father’s dying last words to him back in Egypt and his bold move to enroll in a Masters program in Germany. We also talked about what he learned as a boxer and playing competitive handball.
- You can find like Mohamed on Facebook
- You can watch Mohamed giving his speech here.
- You can find his blog here.
- Here is the blog article that he mentioned in the interview
- The podcast theme song comes from the Famous Toastmasters of Wiesbaden, Germany
From Mohamed’s resource list:
- “Presenting to Win”- By Jerry Weissman
- “How to Win Friends and Influence People”- By Dale Carnegie
- “Have A Nice Conflict: How to Find Success and Satisfaction in the Most Unlikely Places” By Ken Mitchell, Michael Patterson, and Tim Scudder
- “Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results”- By Stephen Guise
- “The Compound Effect”- By Darren Hardy
We experimented with a platform called Blab.im, where we conducted a panel discussion on Online Clubs. You can look for this episode in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.
Note the picture above was provided by Mohamed.
Mohamed Hanbal Part 1
Mohamed Hanbal Part 2
Mohamed Hanbal Part 3